Thursday, November 15, 2012

Switching to Soup

In the wintertime, I like to switch to soup instead of salads for lunches. It has long been a diet secret that soup helps you lose weight. Being prepared and having healthy food easily accessible is one of the best ways to avoid food temptations and I think that having healthy soup in the crockpot is a great way to do this. You can go grab a bowl anytime you get hungry (if you’re a SAHM like me).

My Vegetable Diet Soup: Tomato sauce, water, celery, cabbage, onion, green beans, mushrooms, carrots, spinach (any vegetables you want except starchy ones like potatoes and corn), garlic, salt-to-taste, and I like to add chiles, beans are also a good choice, but I would make sure that vegetables are the biggest part of the soup and not the beans.


Also, avoid peppers, they just don’t taste good boiled in soups. And avoid pasta, barley and rice because they are carbs.

To mix up the flavors from week to week, spicy sausage is a good alternative instead of chiles.

Or try a Chinese version with chicken broth instead of tomato sauce, fresh ginger, and green onions.

Or use V8 and Italian seasoning instead of tomato juice and chiles.

Experiment with flavors until you find one you really like, and then mix it up sometimes so you don’t get bored and reach for the crackers.

What is your favorite winter soup?


About Me

My prayer is that God works here to show his unending grace and love to ALL His children in however way He sees fit.  Dear Lord, please use me, help them to see You and not me.
I’m 34 years old, I have three wonderful daughters and I live in the Midwest.  I am a stay-at-home mom and I homeschool.  I believe in reformed theology.  I love running, playing guitar, blogs, drinking coffee with friends and spending time with God.
Sis



http://passionatechristianmarriage.wordpress.com/2012/11/15/switching-to-soup/

No comments:

Post a Comment