Saturday, June 2, 2012

There Is More



Written by Eric Reynolds

How can we pray for you today? 

“Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.” (1 Corinthians 13:12)

This truth has been changing my life over the past few months. There is always more to God than what I am currently experiencing. He is asking me, “Do you want me, Eric?”

It’s a simple question, and He’s asking you the same thing. Do you want more of God?
Do you want more God in hard times? If times are hard for you, God is there, able to catch, hold and comfort you. We can’t fall too low for He sank to the deepest depths and knows every temptation. (Hebrews 4:15) His Spirit is our Comforter. Do you want Him?
Do you want more God in good times? If times are good, God is even better that you dream Him to be. In our moments of greatest revelation we only see a slice of God. We can never encapsulate His goodness in a word, song, or even a lifetime. (Job 11:7 and 1 Cor. 13:12) God is better than we know.

In hard times, He is good and He is working things out for the good of those who love Him.

In good times, He is even better than we think He is, and infinitely more so.


The desire to know God should compel us into every Christian virtue, from the private practice of humble meditation to the public expression of bold evangelism.


There’s always more God. Do you want Him?
Father, I want to know You and the power of Your resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in Your sufferings. Teach me to press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, help me to press on toward the goal to win the prize for which You have called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Amen (Adapted from Phil 3:10-14)


Question: How do you get to know God better?

No comments:

Post a Comment